Subject: "Engineer"
From: John Gilger <JohnG -at- MIKOHN -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 6 May 1998 11:21:50 -0700

Let's try a new topic.

One of my minor pet peeves is that, in today's society, "engineer" seems
to mean "programmer." Does any one have any thoughts as to why that is?

I have done the vast majority of my technical writing in organizations
where the SMEs were Mechanical, Chemical, Electrical, or Civil
Engineers. These guys considered programmers to be demented

Before the fires and flame get started, let me disavow any agreement
with that opinion. I'm just reporting. "Just the facts Ma'am."

John Gilger