Re: Non-technical, Technical Writes - Vent on the Flip Side

Subject: Re: Non-technical, Technical Writes - Vent on the Flip Side
From: John Gilger <JohnG -at- MIKOHN -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 7 May 1998 08:47:10 -0700

Carol,

You have hit another sore spot for TWs: morons in HR. Degrees don't
mean a whole lot in a profession where performance is the bottom line.
As to no title, it is socially acceptable to adjust your resume. If you
were writing documents that explained how to do something, call that job
tech writing. One of my best tech writing jobs had me labeled as a
planner/analyst. It is tech writer on my resume.

John Gilger