Re: Correct usage "i.e." and "e.g." ?

Subject: Re: Correct usage "i.e." and "e.g." ?
From: Lin Laurie <linlaurie -at- EMAIL -dot- MSN -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 6 May 1998 09:39:03 -0700

I follow the Microsoft Manual of Style for Technical Publications (ISBN
1-55615-939-0), which supports most of what Walter said.

Exceptions are:

I only use "and so on" instead of etc.

I have the MMS on my computer and like being able to access it by toggling
over to it. For those that don't know, the MMS is a book published by
Microsoft Press. It comes bundled with an online help version of the manual
that is easy to use. You can locate what you want much faster using help
functionality rather than paging through a book.

Lin Laurie
www.winpro-press.com
WinPro has openings in its March 16th RoboHELP 5.5 class, located in
Seattle, Washington. View our web site for more class information.