Pop-up box problem

Subject: Pop-up box problem
From: Rowena Hart <rhart -at- INTRINSYC -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 7 May 1998 09:45:12 -0700

Hello everyone,

I'm using Word 6.0 to create help for another software
program I'm documenting. I'm trying to use pop-ups
to define key terms -- I thought this would be more
useful than the standard jump I've been using.

I can get a pop-up box to appear, but none of the text
I've entered shows up in it. I have checked my "bible"
for on-line help, written by Boggan, Farkas & Welinske,
but I still have no idea what I'm doing wrong. I hope
someone out there can "show me the way".

Here's what I've been doing --

To create the pop-up jump:

1. Single underline the word or phrase I want to define.
2. Use hidden text to create a link to the pop-up
definition itself.

I think I'm going wrong when I create the definition
itself:

3. Page break
4. # link_name footnote for definition
5. K keyword/index footnote for definition
6. $ Title footnote for definition
7. Heading for definition, ie. Component
8. Description, in normal text
9. Page break

Please reply off-list, since I don't want to create undue
amounts of traffic for everyone...

rhart -at- intrinsyc -dot- com

Thanks!

Rowena