Move to HTML help mandated by Windows 98?

Subject: Move to HTML help mandated by Windows 98?
From: "Susan E. Gallagher" <sgallagher -at- STEEPLECHASE -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 7 May 1998 12:47:31 -0400

I checked the techwr-l archives and couldn't find any hits specifically on
this topic. I've been "nomail" for a while -- if this has been discussed,
my apologies.

I've been reading some info. on Windows 98 -- specifically, the replacement
of WinHelp with HTML help. I've been scanning the www, but have been unable
to get a feel for how fast the industry is going to make HTML help the new
standard.

Does anyone have a pointer to more info. on this topic? Are Windows 98 apps
expected to be compatible with WinHelp?

Thanks for any pointers....

Susan