FrameMaker 5.5 Chapter number problems

Subject: FrameMaker 5.5 Chapter number problems
From: Susan Moore <susanmo -at- MOSAIX -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 20 May 1998 11:31:08 -0700

Has anyone run into problems with chapter numbering when converting
books from FrameMaker 5.0 to FrameMaker 5.5? We converted two books.
Each of them developed repeating chapter numbers. A number repeated
several times, then several chapters numbered sequentially, then
repeating numbers occurred again. If a problem chapter was moved within
the book, the numbering problem followed it. We resorted to hard
numbering the Chapters.

Does anyone have a more elegant solution? I don't see anything about
this in the archives.

Susan Moore
Technical Communicator, Mosaix Inc.
(425) 558-8008 x2036