Re: Culture, or What it means to be a Technical Writer

Subject: Re: Culture, or What it means to be a Technical Writer
From: Mark Baker <mbaker -at- OMNIMARK -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 8 May 1998 13:57:46 -0400

K R Wolfe wrote:

>Put simply, we bridge the gap between engineer and end user. The end user
>may be service personnel or Joe Blow Computer Geek, but everything we do
>comes down to that.

The customer does not buy an engineer, they buy a product. The buy a product
because they want to do something. If we bridge a gap, it is the gap between
the user's task and their tool (our product). The engineer, of course, is
trying to bridge exactly the same gap. We are co-creators, with engineers,
in providing the user with a tool fit for their task.

We do not stand between the engineer and the user, we stand shoulder to
shoulder with the engineer, facing the user.

---
Mark Baker
Manager, Corporate Communications
OmniMark Technologies Corporation