Re: Non-technical, Technical Writers

Subject: Re: Non-technical, Technical Writers
From: Sella Rush <sellar -at- APPTECHSYS -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 11 May 1998 15:11:56 -0700

In the continuing argument over the need for technical knowledge:

With my company's software, I don't always need to know "how" it works to
document "what" it does.

However, the more "how" I know, the easier it is for me to talk to the
developers. There have been a number of times where--in response to a
questions about "what"--they will tell me the "how" and it makes perfect
sense to them. The more technical knowledge I have, the easier it is for me
to translate this into what I need.