Re: PDF and Interactive Electronic Technical Documents (IETD)?

Subject: Re: PDF and Interactive Electronic Technical Documents (IETD)?
From: Sella Rush <sellar -at- APPTECHSYS -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 11 May 1998 15:36:20 -0700

This is a request from someone in another department. This person's group
has been making this "IETDs" using a product called EBT. Essentially, what
he described to me was a document that would let the user/reader get
up-to-the-minute information about a component--by clicking on a link that
would send a query to a database and return the needed information within
the framework of the document.

For extremely convoluted reasons (military-related, of course), they need to
be able to create these interactive documents in PDF format. So here's the
question: does anyone know how to create a link in Acrobat that not only
opens another application but sends and receives information from it?

I tried to sell him on the "wonders" of HTML, but the client is adamantly
anti-HTML and isn't budging.

TIA!