Q. Describing drive / partition paths

Subject: Q. Describing drive / partition paths
From: Rowena Hart <rhart -at- INTRINSYC -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 11 May 1998 15:23:01 -0700

I'm trying to figure out the best way to identify drive and
partition paths in my documentation. Here's the situation:

1. The user, who is probably a programmer, will have
numerous partitions of their hard drive.

2. The user may not always install a software application
to "Drive_C".

3. The application itself is smart enough to detect which
partition it has been installed into, and will make sure that
the default paths (ie. to save a document) point to this location.

How do I describe the default path without mentioning
the drive letter? Is it acceptible to write the path as:

Drive_Letter:\WINNT\System\...

If anyone has run into a similar problem and developed
an in-house style, I'd like to hear from you.

Thanks in advance,

Rowena
rhart -at- intrinsyc -dot- com

Rowena Hart