Re: Student's Questions

Subject: Re: Student's Questions
From: "Hutchings, Christa" <cwhutchings -at- HOMEWIRELESS -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 12 May 1998 08:30:14 -0400

Sherry -

Don't despair. I have only an A.A. in English and have been a TW for
nearly 15 years. Yes, I had to start at the bottom for a pretty low
salary, but I worked hard, attended workshops and seminars to improve my
skills and broaden my horizons, learned the technology for whatever
company I was working for at the time, proved myself as capable of
handling not only writing/editing, but also document design, page
layout, basic graphics work, web design, etc., and have therefore been
able to increase my salary by over $20K during the last 6 years alone.

In fact, the company I work for now has about 6 PhD's on the senior
management team, plus oodles of folks with Master's degrees, yet they
were willing to hire me to start up and run their Tech Pubs effort. I'm
living proof that you can succeed in this business even if you don't
have a CS or EE degree or read Scientific American.

Chris Welch-Hutchings
Sr. Technical Writer
Home Wireless Networks, Inc.
Norcross GA (USA)