Re: OK, good responses on parts lists, now how about foldouts?

Subject: Re: OK, good responses on parts lists, now how about foldouts?
From: "Metzger, Lucinda" <cmetzger -at- DUKANE -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 13 May 1998 09:07:28 -0500

Hmmm. We leave the border and doc control info on our drawings. Yes, we
do have some problems with legibility at times, which is frustrating,
but we've got a few reasons for doing it this way:

1) The drawings look more "finished" to our users when the borders are
left on -- they know they've got the whole schematic.

2) It helps our support guys to leave the doc control info on, because
they use it to identify which version of a drawing the customer is using
when s/he calls in with a question.

3) In our manuals, we refer the users to the drawings by their numbers,
which are part of the doc control info on the drawings.

I'll be interested to hear how others are doing this, and how they've
overcome the problems of legibility when shrinking a D-size drawing
down.