New Term for Tech Writers? -Reply

Subject: New Term for Tech Writers? -Reply
From: David Spiteri <DSPITERI -at- TUC -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 13 May 1998 12:42:58 -0500

We are using it because it implies skills, abilities, knowledge in the
technical realm in addition to the traditional writing skills. We
interact with system developers when we work on Help files and system
documentation. We are involved in the development of HTML Help and
Internet/Intranet content and hyperlinks. Our depth of knowledge of PC
applications and utilities is at the advanced to expert level as we
create automated solutions and online presentations of information.
Somehow Technical Writer does not quite adequately describe us any
longer.