New Term for Tech Writers?

Subject: New Term for Tech Writers?
From: "Nina L. Panzica" <panin -at- MINDSPRING -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 13 May 1998 13:39:34 -0400

At 12:11 AM 5/2/98 -0400, Warren Phillips wrote in a job posting:

>LUCENT TECHNOLOGIES INC.
>TECHNICAL WRITER / INSTRUCTIONAL DESIGNER (S)
>Needed Immediately
>As an Information Developer you will be working with a team of
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I've just begun to notice in the last few weeks that the term "information
developer" is cropping up in a lot of technical writing job descriptions,
usually as an alternative description of a technical writer, but increasing
used alone. Because of this latter fact, I've had to add this term to the
list of search keywords I use when ferreting out contract work on the Web.
Is "information developer" a relatively new term or have I just not been
paying attention? <g> Anyone know anything about the origins of the term or
why it's being picked up so rapidly?

Regards,
Nina P.

Nina Panzica
Masterpiece Media, Inc.
(404) 237-7889
Can't reach me at the above number? Try my pager:
404-596-7889

Email: mailto:panin -at- mindspring -dot- com
Home Page: http://www.mindspring.com/~panin/

Links to Other Technical Writers:
http://www.mindspring.com/~panin/