Proposal Responsibilities

Subject: Proposal Responsibilities
From: Robyn Remington <rlb -at- FTN-ASSOC -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 14 May 1998 08:42:32 -0500

Gina Hertel wrote:
To those Techwhirlers who are involved in the proposal process:

* Who, in your company, is responsible for cosolidating edits made by
members of the proposal team?
* Who is responsible for production (i.e., printing, labeling
dividers, creating covers, etc)?
* Do you have a proposal "lead"? Is this always the same person or
does it vary from proposal to proposal?

I work for an environmental consulting firm. One of my many hats includes
proposal coordinator, an unofficial title. I don't do the typing, but I do
consolidate edits and oversee production. Our proposal "lead" varies. The
potential project manager is usually the person considered the lead. That
person and I work together to make sure everything happens as it should.

Hope this helps. If you need more information, please feel free to contact
me off list. (I will be at the STC conference all next week, so please
forgive me if I don't respond immediately.)

Cheers,
Robyn L. Remington, ELS
Technical Editor
FTN Associates, Ltd.