Advice for anon (was Re: FW: correction--job opening)

Subject: Advice for anon (was Re: FW: correction--job opening)
From: Theodora <tmazz -at- MASTER -dot- ADAMS -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 15 May 1998 14:39:13 -0400

Just a quick brain dump:

If you're not learning anything where you are now, move on or you'll be left behind in the dust.

Call the company you interviewed with and tell them that you have an offer from xyz corp and would like to know if they had a chance to decide. Call the company that hasn't interviewed you and see if you can get an interview with them soon, and tell them why the rush.

Talk to the HR person, see what the company has to offer and tell them you need x number of days to make a decision. Negotiate with them re benefits and salary.

Good luck.


John Posada wrote:

This was sent to me and the person asked that this be sent anon...I didn't
see the harm. Please respond on the list as I'd rather not forward messages
back and forth.


I haven't talked to Eric about this there an official way
to post anonymously?

Here is the situation:

I interviewed with a company yesterday for about 3 hours and just a few
minutes ago HR called to tell me that another HR individual
will be calling to make me an offer for a co-op position.

I'm not sure if I should take the position or not though.  I haven't had
a chance to interview with this other company yet for a co-op position
and I am also waiting to hear from about a full-time permanent position
that I interviewed for earlier this week.  I'm also nervous about leaving
the job I have now...because its full-time permanent and has great
benefits, but I'm not learning what I want to learn here.  . . .


The truth shall make you odd.

Previous by Author: Re: Online docs in your portfolios
Next by Author: Re: Correct usage "i.e." and "e.g." ?
Previous by Thread: Re: Is 'users' the best term?
Next by Thread: Job Posting: Anacortes, WA

What this post helpful? Share it with friends and colleagues:

Sponsored Ads