Re: Windows 98

Subject: Re: Windows 98
From: Stephen Riley <SRILEY -at- BCT-SYSTEMS -dot- CO -dot- UK>
Date: Mon, 18 May 1998 10:35:02 +0100

I'd say the main point is that Windows 98
does not yet exist as released software.
Does that not tell you something? Loads of
people are running the beta and have good
things to say. But what you see in the
beta is not necessarily what will be released.
This has implications for anyone involved
in web work or online help.

Sit tight. Wait and see what the Department
of Justice has to say. It would be daft to
base a strategic decision on information
not yet available.

Steve

At 09:34 PM 5/17/98 -0500, Horace wrote:
>Can anyone summarize for me the advantages, if any, of going to Win98,
from
>a technical writer's standpoint. For example, does Word work any
better?
>FrameMaker? Corel Draw.

Horace and Other Folks:

Win98 is not the same as Word, nor is the same as FrameMaker. But you
can
find more user freindly graphic cues in Wind98. I guess that is the
major
advantage of Win98.