Re: Summary: Standard Editing process

Subject: Re: Summary: Standard Editing process
From: Sarah Carroll <sarahc -at- INDIGO -dot- IE>
Date: Mon, 18 May 1998 12:24:42 +0100

Hi Diane,
What I was referring to was not so much
Plain English, as a system that requires
that the writer uses only words and phrases
that have prior approval. This "controls" the
content of the documents by "restricting" the
writer to a subset of the language.

These systems are often used in situations
where there is potential for a lot of re-use
of text, or where the material is to be
localised, often using Machine or Translation
Memory technology.

sarahc -at- indigo -dot- ie

At 14:55 15/05/98 EST, Diane Williams wrote:
> What is "controlled English"? Is that the same as "Plain English"?

Previous by Author: Re: New Term for Tech Writers?
Next by Author: Re: grammar survey
Previous by Thread: Re: Summary: Standard Editing process
Next by Thread: Re: Interviews/Resumes - Military

What this post helpful? Share it with friends and colleagues:

Sponsored Ads