MS WORD - Page numbering in Master Documents

Subject: MS WORD - Page numbering in Master Documents
From: Miriam Bertram <MABERT -at- IX -dot- NETCOM -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 18 May 1998 08:36:36 -0500

A question about MS Word Page numbering in master documents. I have created a
master document by inserting several smaller documents. Each individual document
was originally numbered Page X of Y. To keep the page numbering correct, I
inserted the field code for the number of section pages. It now reads:
Page {PAGE} of {SECTIONPAGES \*MERGEFORMAT}.

Here's the problem. On screen, while in the master document, the page numbering is
just fine within each of the subdocuments. When I print the ENTIRE master document, the
page numbers are 1 of 1, 2 of 2, 3 of 3, etc. for each document.

This level of 'book' page number is easy to handle in FrameMaker but I am
required to use Word in this contract.

ANY help or ideas would be of great help.

Miriam Bertram
MABERT -at- ix -dot- netcom -dot- com