Re: Technical Writer Education

Subject: Re: Technical Writer Education
From: Bruce Byfield <bbyfield -at- AXIONET -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 18 May 1998 15:33:42 -0400

Woolfbob <Woolfbob -at- AOL -dot- COM> wrote:

> Question: why MSWord? Why not Word Perfect?

I'm not exactly a fan of MS Word, but it's preferable to WordPerfect for
at least two reasons:

1.) For better or worse, MS Word is an industry standard. If a
documentation project isn't done in MS Word, it's done in FrameMaker.

2l) MS Word's implementation of styles is easier to use.

However, for short, every day documents, I'd have to say that I'd much
prefer WordPerfect. Its organization of features lets me make a good
guess where to find something; with MS Word, there seems very little
pattern.

--
Bruce Byfield, Outlaw Communications
Vancouver, BC, Canada