Re: grammar survey

Subject: Re: grammar survey
From: Debra Booth <dbooth -at- MINDSPRING -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 19 May 1998 06:52:32 -0400

Laurel,

I agree with your example. To the best of my knowledge, it is grammatically
correct. Plus, it is unambiguous. By using the present perfect tense, you
indicate that the action has just been completed rather than having occurred in
the past. You also supply an object, as required, for a transitive verb
(complete); and you identify the actor. I use the same construction when the
program is the actor.

Debra