Re: Employment Agencies - Technical Communication Specific

Subject: Re: Employment Agencies - Technical Communication Specific
From: Nora Merhar <nmerhar -at- CHARLESINDUSTRIES -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 27 May 1998 09:03:06 -0500

> So... since the objective is typically an "I want" statement, what
> should you use instead? Or should you eliminate the objective
> altogether?

I can't remember exactly why--I mean, I know it was due to some
"expert" advice, but can't remember where I heard it--but I eliminated
the objective from my resume a long time ago. I'm pretty sure it came
out before I got my 2nd job, and I know it wasn't there for the round
of resumes that resulted in my current job. No-one, including the
recruiter I got some interviews through, ever asked about it. I had
kind of assumed that including a "career objective" was passe'.

Nora
nmerhar -at- charlesindustries -dot- com