Digital printers (Follow-up to FM->EPS)

Subject: Digital printers (Follow-up to FM->EPS)
From: "Branchaud, Paul" <pbranchaud -at- UTSOFT -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 1 Jun 1998 09:21:42 -0400

Many thanks to everyone who answered my request on how to go from
FrameMaker to Encapsulated PostScript. Most people suggested I supply
straight PS, others suggested I export a PDF to EPS, and still others
explained that the people who requested EPS might not fully understand
the differences between EPS and PS. The information has been forwarded
to the proper "authorities".

The follow-up question to this thread would be: Does anyone know of a
print shop that uses liquid ink digital printers. More specifically,
Indigo Eprint 1000 or Quickmaster (Heidelberg) that can print
PC-generated postscript. Just to make the request a little tougher, does
anyone know of Montreal-area printshops that can handle this request? I
know there are MTL TWs on the list... Barring actual Montreal print
shops, the closest possible location would also be welcome (Ontario,
northern NY, and New England area).

Review of the background specifics: I am using Frame 5.5 on Win95, and I
have the Adobe 4.? postscript driver installed, generating Adobe 3.00 PS
files. Our packaging and documentation designers use Quark on a Mac, but
they do have Frame on the Mac platform. I have sent them a Frame 5.5
file, as well as a PS file for printing tests. They claim that they only
know of compatible print shops that use Mac, but these shops do not use
Frame. I have serious reservations about handing over the source Frame
files to anyone outside of our offices. Is my paranoia justified?

As always, my undying thanks for your help,

Paul
Paul Branchaud Technical Writer
pbranchaud -at- utsoft -dot- com UtiliSoft Inc.
(514) 747-1400 Ext. 211 555, Dr. Frederik-Philips, Suite 210
ICQ: 4161320 Saint-Laurent, QC Canada H4M 2X4

Calvin: "Why do tigers need tails?"
Hobbes: "Gee, I'm not really sure. I guess just because they look good."
Calvin: "So it's sort of a necktie for your butt?"