Help tool and training

Subject: Help tool and training
From: "Branchaud, Paul" <pbranchaud -at- UTSOFT -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 1998 15:56:09 -0400

I have been asked to turn, yet again, to the most knowledgeable pool of
professional counterparts in order to solve our latest documentation
problem...

A co-worker will shortly be inheriting an online help project that was
created by someone in a different company. The goal is to update and
recompile the entire project. The fly in this particular ointment is
twofold:

1) The original help file was created with Doc2Help, but we do not have
any Help Authoring Tool currently onsite, which leads to...

2) The "newbie" factor. My co-worker has never created online help, and
she is unsure of which HAT to use, or what the learning curve is.

I have searched the archives and was unable to find any thread that deal
directly with these problems. I subsequently contacted Geoff Hart who
was kind enough to provide the name of a RoboHelp trainer in Brampton,
Ontario. What I would like to know is A) what tool is best suited to
take over a help project started in Doc2Help, and B) is there a training
resource located in the Montreal area to help smooth out the learning
curve of said tool?

As always, I thank you all in advance for your shared wisdom,

Paul
Paul Branchaud Technical Writer
pbranchaud -at- utsoft -dot- com UtiliSoft Inc.
(514) 747-1400 Ext. 211 555, Dr. Frederik-Philips, Suite 210
ICQ: 4161320 Saint-Laurent, QC Canada H4M 2X4

Calvin: "Why do tigers need tails?"
Hobbes: "Gee, I'm not really sure. I guess just because they look good."
Calvin: "So it's sort of a necktie for your butt?"