Re: Is framing theft?

Subject: Re: Is framing theft?
From: Sella Rush <sellar -at- APPTECHSYS -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 1 Jun 1998 11:37:24 -0700

Oh, yes. I strongly agree that framing crosses the line. There is simply
no compelling reason to frame--no justifiable defense. While I was a little
concerned a year or so ago when it looked like people were going to try to
limit link rights ( ludicrous idea), I think this goes way beyond that.

A couple of months ago, someone on this list complained the The Mining
Company was using "framing" with a link to articles on his site. He stated
that The Mining Company told him that their motivation was to present a (if
I remember right) a consistent/cohesive/uniform look to their viewers, to
make their "Internet experience" less confusing. Yeah, right. And it had
nothing to do with significantly promoting name recognition and encouraging
viewers to misunderstand who is providing what content.

As I remember, several people on the list provided HTML code that would get
rid of any frames when a page is accessed. Presumably this ISP has found a
way around it?

Sella Rush
mailto:sellar -at- apptechsys -dot- com
Applied Technical Systems (ATS)