Misuse of 'quotes'

Subject: Misuse of 'quotes'
From: Rev Simon Rumble <simon -at- RUMBLE -dot- WARATAH -dot- ID -dot- AU>
Date: Thu, 4 Jun 1998 12:32:52 +0959

Our Marketing Director has obviously been reading the output of too many
signwriters. He seems to put quotes around "everything" in all his
sentences.

Does anyone have a diplomatic way of explaining to him why what he's doing
is "wrong"? It's "really" annoying me :)

PLUR

---
___ simon -at- rumble -dot- waratah -dot- id -dot- au
|___ http://www.rumble.net
___| H E R M "If the designers of X-windows built cars, there would
be no fewer than five steering wheels hidden about the
cockpit, none of which followed the same prinicples --
but you'd be able to shift gears with your car stereo.
Useful feature, that."
-- From the programming notebooks of a heretic, 1990.