Terminology Question-Joystick Movement

Subject: Terminology Question-Joystick Movement
From: "Robyn Grover, QTI, (414)246-7934" <RKGROVER -at- QTIWORLD -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 4 Jun 1998 08:45:01 -0600

Hello,
I am documenting an application thats console includes a joystick. I am not
sure how to document the movement of a joystick, are there any standards out
there? Some of the joystick movements that have been suggested include the
following:

Tilt the joystick to the right, left, up, and down.
Push the joystick right, left, and up.
Pull the joystick down.

What do you think?

Thanks for your help in advance.