Re: Newsletter guidelines (more info)

Subject: Re: Newsletter guidelines (more info)
From: Jacqueline Porter <r5559c -at- EMAIL -dot- SPS -dot- MOT -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 4 Jun 1998 11:06:56 -0700

Patty,

As someone who has done several newsletters in the past with the same issues,
I suggest putting out a survey online, and/or via a memo where you can better
find out who your audience is, get your demographics, etc. That is a good
starting point.

I always tried to do a monthly feature highlighting a department of the
company that did something unique that improved service, or helped the
community, or whatever.

As for what to keep and what to scrap? I'd keep the promotions and new
employees, because it will help with morale, and maybe births, since they
directly relate to an employee.

As for graduations, maybe only for an employee who got it through your ed.
reimbursement program (if you have one). Departures, only if the employee has
been around for a while. I'd scrap the weddings and engagements altogether,
that's total fluff in my book.

Good luck!

Jacqueline Porter