Re: Why are we excluded???

Subject: Re: Why are we excluded???
From: Tracy Boyington <tracy_boyington -at- OKVOTECH -dot- ORG>
Date: Fri, 5 Jun 1998 08:45:04 -0500

> I am aware that there are lots fo jobs for technical writers all over
> the US. However, I have been told that generally companies in the US
> do not entertain Indians for the post of technical writers. Why is it
> so?

I'd be surprised if they were specifically excluding Indians. I'm sure
many companies prefer to hire those who speak and write English as their
first language. I'm not judging whether this is right, smart, or legal,
I'm just saying it happens. But I'd expect them to exclude anyone who
didn't come from an English-speaking country, not just those from India.

Tracy
Oklahoma Dept. of Vocational & Technical Education
Stillwater, OK, USA
http://www.okvotech.org/cimc/home.htm