Re: Why are we excluded???

Subject: Re: Why are we excluded???
From: Tracy Boyington <tracy_boyington -at- OKVOTECH -dot- ORG>
Date: Fri, 5 Jun 1998 09:29:12 -0500

> I agree with Tracy on one point; an American company looking for someone to
> write English manuals will certainly look for someone fluent in English.
> That's just logical. It's certainly not discrimination--it's about
> qualification and skills.

I'd like to clarify, because this isn't exactly what I said. I said many
companies do prefer to hire writers from English speaking countries. I
never said I agreed with the practice, or that those from other
countries were less qualified or skilled. As the daughter of an
intelligent and talented immigrant, I'm certainly not going to agree
that it's logical to exclude them! :-) Qualification and skills are
important, naturally, but I'm sure there are immigrants who have an
excellent grasp of the English language.

Tracy
Oklahoma Dept. of Vocational & Technical Education
Stillwater, OK, USA
http://www.okvotech.org/cimc/home.htm