Re: Isolation and the technical communicator

Subject: Re: Isolation and the technical communicator
From: Barbara Karst-Sabin <Phillinion -at- AOL -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 8 Jun 1998 19:58:02 EDT

Gosh, I'm posting a lot today!

Just about everywhere I've worked the writers have had too little privacy,
i.e., cubes without door or shared with other personnel. I'd have loved a
little of that isolation.

But I think it depends on the work. In a development environment, you have to
communicate with SMEs and testers and so on. However, where you're
documenting a completed product, such as in installation guide, unless you run
into problems with the product, it's pretty much just you and your terminal.

I think, just maybe, this field tends to attract people who like a certain
amount of isolation.

BJ