Re: The lone writer

Subject: Re: The lone writer
From: Win Day <winday -at- IDIRECT -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 10 Jun 1998 21:15:24 -0400

At 11:33 AM 6/10/98 -0700, Sella Rush <sellar -at- APPTECHSYS -dot- COM> wrote:
>As the membership coordinator for the Lone Writer SIG, any complaints should
>fall squarely on my head. When people contact me about membership, I
>forward their names to the person who manages the listserv. I will check
>with STC next week about people like Patricia who simply followed the rules
>and anted up their $5. (Patricia, I did get an email from you last week
>(5/29), but haven't had a chance to check into things--I should have
>responded to you to that effect.)

Sella shouldn't be so quick to shoulder blame. From what I learned at the
annual conference, Lone Writer wasn't the only SIG to discover serious
problems with its membership list.

Please, folks, no matter what SIG you signed up for, if you haven't heard
anything from the membership coordinator or the advisor, try to contact
them again. Or post your concern to techwr-l and someone here will try to
point you in the right direction.

I belong to two SIGs -- Lone Writer and Contracting/Independent
Contractors. The benefits I feel I've received, simply from the people
I've networked with, have far outweighted the $5 administrative fee per SIG.

Win
Win Day
Freelance Technical Writer/Editor
mailto:winday -at- idirect -dot- com