Re[2]: IS AN ESTIMATE A COMMITMENT?

Subject: Re[2]: IS AN ESTIMATE A COMMITMENT?
From: "Walker, Arlen P" <Arlen -dot- P -dot- Walker -at- JCI -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 15 Jun 1998 08:40:22 -0500

But if that mechanic finds problems that couldn't be found until he
started taking my car apart, do expect him to stick to that cost
estimate even though he needs to do more work?

No, but if the mechanic continues to find such prblems, and continues to
revise the estimate up, I draw the conclusion that he's either incompetant
or out to shaft me, and I find another mechanic. I suspect you would do the
same.

And that was my point in asking how you'd feel about such a mechanic.

Have fun,
Arlen
DNRC 224