Re: FW: Humor vs. Tech Pubs -Reply

Subject: Re: FW: Humor vs. Tech Pubs -Reply
From: Lisa Comeau <COMEAUL -at- CSA -dot- CA>
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 1998 16:29:11 -0400

SNIPPETY SNIP SNIP SNIP

>>> Tracy Boyington
> IMHO, the cat story is great because nothing happened to a real cat. It
> is memorable and clearly gets the point across.

But it offended others.
The fact that no real cats were harmed hardly makes it appropriate. I know people who would have stopped reading a publication immediately...

But it wasn't in a publication, it was in a room full of pimply-faced teenagers in a time when a teacher could give a hug to a suicidal student. I guess I just long for the "good old days"...

Who is General Failure, and why is he reading my hard disk?
-Lisa