Re: FW: Humor vs. Tech Pubs

Subject: Re: FW: Humor vs. Tech Pubs
From: Scott Miller <smiller -at- CORP -dot- PORTAL -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 1998 13:32:03 -0700

"What kind of a sicko wrote this?" is what I ask myself when reading
Unix docs. I mean, really: "Kill the children." Tchah!

Anyway, after reading this thread, I'm ready to reverse my opinion. All
this dour talk. Blah. Technical documentation needs more humor, I think.
Or maybe just technical writers do. Whatever. The best networking
dictionary I saw had a bunch of cartoons, and it helped. I mean,
networking docs are suicide bait. Why not counteract the pain every once
in a while?

- Scott Miller
smiller -at- portal -dot- com