Re: We recommend

Subject: Re: We recommend
From: Connie Boltz <ccco -at- HOTMAIL -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 17 Jun 1998 20:28:43 PDT

Here's my $0.02 and humble opinion. I don't use the
phrase "we recommend" because tech docs are nearly
always written in second person (for good reason), and
therefore using "we" would cause switching between
second person and first person within a doc. Although I
avoid passive voice and undefined pronouns whenever
possible, in the case of the phrase "it is recommended,"
I don't think the undefined subject/pronoun causes
confusion in most instances.
Connie Boltz
Freelance Editor
ccco -at- hotmail -dot- com