Re: Humor as a communication technique

Subject: Re: Humor as a communication technique
From: Stuart Burnfield <slb -at- FS -dot- COM -dot- AU>
Date: Thu, 18 Jun 1998 13:51:35 +0800

Lisa Comeau wrote: "My fave was my grade 11 Physics teacher who discussed
the principles of accelleration and decelleration by using the example of
swinging a cat over your head by it's tail and then letting it go..."

Laurel Nelson said:
> I found the above statement very offensive. To me, cruelty to animals
> is not funny even when it's imaginery.

Then you won't want to hear what Schrodinger proposed doing to *his*
imaginary cat. . .

What is it with these physicists and cats, anyway?

Regards
---
Stuart Burnfield Author of "Everything I Need to Know About
Functional Software Pty Ltd Getting a Quote For Car Maintenance I Learned
mailto:slb -at- fs -dot- com -dot- au From TECHWR-L", PulpFodder Books, 1998