[no subject]

From: "Sokohl, Joe" <Joe -dot- Sokohl -at- USMAIL -dot- MPCT -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 18 Jun 1998 15:00:23 -0500

Having spent weeks crafting a complex expandable TOC in FrontPage for
our online doc, imagine my consternation when FP wiped out the code.
Yes, it in a flash replaced all the hundreds of lines of code with a
simple shell--html, head, and body tags only. this has happened before,
but in a few not-so-egregious instances. Fortunately, IS was able to
produce a backup from last night (so I only have to recreate several
hours worth of work). I'm sure many of you who do use FP to create
documentation have noticed how FP creates its own code (hence
Macromedia's DreamWeaver product that promises "Roundtrip" HTML
authoring), but this is beyond ken.
Since we do discuss tool choice and recommendations on this list, here's
mine: NEVER EVER EVER USE FRONTPAGE 98!!! IT'S EVIL!
joe
Joe Sokohl
mpct Solutions Corp.
Personal Home Page: http://homepage.interaccess.com/~jsokohl/
PS: This e-mail reflects my thoughts & opinions only, not mpct
Solutions'

cross-posted to Winhelp list