Re: Printing desktop/start menu...

Subject: Re: Printing desktop/start menu...
From: "Pilipovich, Kathleen" <Kathleen -dot- Pilipovich-1 -at- KMAIL -dot- KSC -dot- NASA -dot- GOV>
Date: Fri, 19 Jun 1998 10:58:25 -0400

> I need to find out what program it is that allows
> you to do a screen capture of your desktop
> (icons and all) AND your Start Menu in Windows.

You don't need a special program.

- To capture the desktop, press: <Print Scrn>
- To capture the active window, press:
<Alt> + <Print Scrn>

These keystrokes copy the info to the Windows
clipboard. Open MS Paint, Paint Shop Pro, or
whatever graphics program you want -- then do
Edit-->Paste. Save the file in whatever format
you want.

Walla! I use this feature quite a bit. It's helpful
for saving desktop info. I also use it to capture
Windows errors and save them for the tech
support folks.

Kathy Pilipovich
United Space Alliance
407-861-7723, USK-252