Training doc

Subject: Training doc
From: Michael Burke <miburke -at- WSICORP -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 19 Jun 1998 11:43:12 -0500

Hello all --

I have a very general question that needs only a general response.

I have the opportunity to pick up a contract project writing some
training documentation. I have not written training doc before.

I was wondering if any tech/training writers could generally help me
establish if I can do training writing.

How would you approach a training doc project as opposed to a tech
writing doc?

How does training writing differ from tech writing. I know that
training doc is procedural-based, and steps people slowly through a
task, but in what other ways do they differ?

I don't yet have any specifics on the project, those are forthcoming.
I am hoping to gain a little knowledge on training doc, so when I meet
with the client, I will appear to know what I am talking about.

Thanks for any help you can offer.

Michael Burke