Anyone else SPAMMED by roboHELP/blue-sky.com?

Subject: Anyone else SPAMMED by roboHELP/blue-sky.com?
From: Tsu Dho Nimh <abacaxi -at- HOTMAIL -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 19 Jun 1998 17:01:01 -0700

Posted here and emailed to:
karynw -at- mail -dot- blue-sky -dot- com
melanie -at- mail -dot- blue-sky -dot- com
billb -at- blue-sky -dot- com
chrise -at- blue-sky -dot- com SEE HEADERS AT THE BOTTOM!
maryling -at- blue-sky -dot- com

I have never requested any sales information from them, but
they have repeatedly sent me their ads ... despite my vehement
requests to cease and desist. Are they doing it to anyone else?
They insist I am not in their database, and that I therefore
shoudn't be getting the ads. So the SPAM-fairy is sending them?

Here's the dates and times:
Wed, 22 Apr 1998 19:23:10 -0700
Wed, 6 May 1998 13:38:23 -0700 (MST)
Wed, 13 May 1998 19:35:45 -0700
Fri, 22 May 1998 15:07:22 -0700 (MST)
Saw THESE FOUR in the spam trap, at its monthly cleaning: the
last two were clearly marketing to STC Members and promoting
their booth at the Anaheim (Society for Technical Communication)
convention. I called STC - they do NOT sell member email
addresses, so this was scavenged from somewhere, perhaps the
meeting program (I was scheduled to appear, but had to cancel) or
the preliminary attendees list. I called and complained. They
said they would remove my name and it would not happen again.

Mon, 8 Jun 1998 14:42:31 -0700 (MST)
Saw another ad in the spam trap: complained on 6/17/98. Once
more, they said it would not happen again.

Thu, 18 Jun 1998 19:42:39 -0700 (MST)
It happened again. In fact, IT HAPPENED THE MORNING AFTER I
COMPLAINED THE SECOND TIME. Called today (Jun 19) to complain
again. Got the same clueless person who can't figure out how to
make their market-droids stop, or where they are getting the
addresses.

June 19 - Left a deadline with them to have someone with
authority call me and tell me why they are spamming me. They
didn't call, so I called them back ... it's an 800 number after
all.
They can't fiond me in their database, but they now say that if
I forward the email to their tech support and they will fix it
... we'll see, but I wouldn't be surprised if they continue to
send spam. They appear pretty clueless about the topic. If they
can't keep their database straight, I'm not going to trust them
with my HLP files.

They are permanently off my list of software I will purchase or
recommend purchasing. They have competition that has not
spammed, and I have a set of macros that produces the right kind
of markup if I ever need to do another help file.

Here's headers: karynw -at- mail -dot- blue-sky -dot- com does not exist - it just
feeds into some sort of bulk mail handler.