OPEN POSITION: Programmer Writer, San Leandro (SF Bay Area)

Subject: OPEN POSITION: Programmer Writer, San Leandro (SF Bay Area)
From: Trevor Grayling <trevor -at- MDLI -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 1998 11:37:32 -0700

MDL is the world's leading provider of scientific information management
systems, databases, and other services used in pharmaceutical, biotech, and
similar companies. We are located near the marina in San Leandro, in the
San Francisco Bay Area.

MDL is a stable and progressive company with competitive salaries,
flextime, and a full range of benefits, including profit-sharing and 401(k)
plan.

We have one new full-time position open, effective immediately:

PROGRAMMER WRITER
-----------------

Responsibilities:

* Plan, research, and write Winhelp files, HTML pages, and other online and
printed materials that explain our development tools to the Developer
audience.
* Develop and maintain example code to help explain our development tools
and environments.
* Contribute to the design of interfaces and tools, especially to improve
usability.

MINIMUM Qualifications:

* Four-year college degree.
* Two or more years of experience in technical communications for the
Programmer or Administrator audience.
* Working knowledge of at least one high-level programming language,
obtained either by writing code examples (included in an API doc, for
example) or creating small sample applications.

Desired Qualifications:

* B.S. in computer science or equivalent professional experience.
* Two or more years of programming experience, with a working knowledge of
several high-level languages and application-development tools.
* Two or more years of experience in technical communications for the
Developer audience.
* Knowledge of object-oriented programming and component architectures.
* Programming in event-driven client/server development tools, such as
Visual Basic, Delphi, PowerBuilder, or C++.
* Familiarity with web technology such as HTML, Java, and JavaScript.
* Experience with relational databases.
* Knowledge of HTML, Winhelp and FrameMaker.

Please email or fax your qualified resume to the addresses below. (Note
that I don't plan to pay travel or relocation expenses for this position.)

Trevor Grayling
Manager, Technical Communications
MDL Information Systems, Inc.
14600 Catalina St.