Re: Quoting Salary schedule from STC

Subject: Re: Quoting Salary schedule from STC
From: Tracy Kiehm <TKiehm -at- BANKERSSYSTEMS -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 10 Jun 1998 11:46:51 -0500

The company I work for is in the process of evaluating our current
salary schedule based on market pricing (we're located in Minnesota). I
gave my supervisor a copy of the 1996 and 1997 STC Salary Schedules
(both of which give median salary figures that exceed our entire range).
The response I received was that those types of survey results could not
be considered valid because the only people that respond are those who
wish "to brag about how much they make."

Is this typical? I know the majority of the responses I've seen about
the STC survey complain about the figures being too low. Does anyone
have idea how I (and my coworkers) should respond to this?

P.S. Everyone in our department has at least four years of experience,
we work in the software industry, and we are competent at creating both
printed documentation and online help.

Tracy Kiehm
tkiehm -at- bankerssystems -dot- com