Re: Popsicle it is (thanks)

Subject: Re: Popsicle it is (thanks)
From: Tracy Boyington <tracy_boyington -at- OKVOTECH -dot- ORG>
Date: Thu, 25 Jun 1998 16:12:53 -0500

Geoff Lane wrote:

> I followed this thread out of idle curiosity -- I didn't know what a
> "Popsicle" was until Tracy's BTW. In UK, we call them ice lollipops.
>
> FWIW, I was once nearly arrested because of language differences between our
> nations. Tracy, I don't know at which geographical locale your work is
> targeted, but watch for localisation<g>.

Good point, Geoff. Another techwhirler pointed out the same thing. In
fact, this project is extremely localized -- I am paid by the state of
Oklahoma to produce curriculum for the students of Oklahoma. We do have
customers in other states and around the world, but our mandate is to
develop for Oklahoma. I guess everybody else eventually figures out what
a Popsicle is. ;-)

Tracy
Oklahoma Dept. of Vocational & Technical Education
Curriculum & Instructional Materials Center
Stillwater, Oklahoma http://www.okvotech.org/cimc/