Re: Cdn TW Courses

Subject: Re: Cdn TW Courses
From: John David Hickey <jdavid -at- FARABI -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 22 Jun 1998 09:45:43 -0400

Greetings!

>I have a colleague looking into becoming a tech writer. Can anyone =
>recommend good Degree/Diploma/Certificate programs available =
>on-site/distance learning in Canada?

Personally, I went to Universite de Sherbrooke (Sherbrooke, Quebec) and
completed the Professional Writing program about 5 years ago. It worked for
me! The program is coop, so you can graduate with a degree and one year's
experience.

Another university you might want to check out is University of Waterloo.
They have a similar program and offer a Master's degree in Professional
Writing!

Also, inquire at Concorida University in Montreal. I believe they offer a
certificate in Technical Writing.

Be seeing you,

Dave
---
John David Hickey -- Technical Writer -- jdavid -at- farabi -dot- com

No trees weres harmed in writing this email.
My messages are made from elephant tusks and dolphin meat.

Don't confuse my opinions with my employer's opinions.
Each exists in blissful ignorance of the other.