Re: PC hardware requirements for TWs

Subject: Re: PC hardware requirements for TWs
From: Sella Rush <sellar -at- APPTECHSYS -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 22 Jun 1998 11:32:47 -0700

I heartily agree with Sharon B's comments re keeping in mind the
relationship between documentation and programming.

If that manager is making a decision based on his/her idea of the value of
your work, they need to be redirected. Give them a list of the software you
use and the system requirements. If they think you're merely using a simple
word processing program, outline the realities of working with MS Office.
You can tell them from me that while RoboHelp indicates a recommended RAM
level of 24MB, I have 48MB and I still have problems with crashes and
slowdowns. (And I'm a relatively patient user!)

You might also point out the number of times you've been on the tail end of
a product schedule that was made even more panicky by last-minute crises
caused by an overloaded computer.

Personally, I limp along OK on my 133Mh, 48MB computer, 17" monitor, and 8
GB drive space. I might complain, except none of the programmers have much
better.

Sella Rush
mailto:sellar -at- apptechsys -dot- com
Applied Technical Systems (ATS)