The final word on reassurance

Subject: The final word on reassurance
From: John David Hickey <jdavid -at- FARABI -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 23 Jun 1998 10:58:41 -0400

Greetings!

It seems the final words are NO FLUFF! (except when you intend to sell the
book as a Dummies book, and even then it's a call).

Thanks for all the input on the Reassuring Language issue. I was fairly
certain I was right in thinking that words like "simple" and "easy" were
fluff, but now I know it!.

I just get nervous when I have to update another writer's work, and since
I'm a lone writer in this company, I need reassuring words from my fellows!
<g>

Be seeing you,

Dave
---
John David Hickey -- Technical Writer -- jdavid -at- farabi -dot- com

No trees weres harmed in writing this email.
My messages are made from elephant tusks and dolphin meat.

Don't confuse my opinions with my employer's opinions.
Each exists in blissful ignorance of the other.