Re: WORD97- combining styles on one line

Subject: Re: WORD97- combining styles on one line
From: "Bellomy, James" <bellomyj -at- HUACHUCA-EMH31 -dot- ARMY -dot- MIL>
Date: Tue, 23 Jun 1998 08:13:59 -0700

Thanks for the help, looks like STYLEREF codes will be the way to go,
but still fumbling through options.

As you might guess from domain name on my email, the style guide is
restrictive and often, well, lets just call it incoherent. Sideheads
are not an option. Probably should have made that clear the first time
around. Also, the paragraph text must wrap under the heading.

One more little question, when attempting to create character styles,
the underlying format of the current style is sucked into the style. It
appears to override some aspects of the character style (e.g. boldface).
Any workarounds?

BTW, WORD97 is working(?) quite well for us. Acquiring FrameMaker = Mt.
McKinley-sized pile of red tape. Our documents are 20-60 pages with a
sprinkling of graphics. Of course, we do have an abundance of copies of
WP 5.1 at our disposal. My, WORD97 looks better and better.

Jim Bellomy
Tech Pubs
CSC / US Army Electronic Proving Ground
Opinions expressed are my own - and I should keep them to myself more
often.