Re: Format for receiving document reviews

Subject: Re: Format for receiving document reviews
From: Linda Castellani <linda -at- GRIC -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 23 Jun 1998 11:28:24 -0500

For help files, I have my clients use the compiled .hlp file and use the
annotation feature. When a topic is annotated, a little green paperclip is
added to the beginning of the topic. To prevent needing to go through the
help file topic by topic searching for green paper clips, my clients add a
bookmark for each topic for which there is an annotation.

The help file can go from reviewer to reviewer and ultimately to me, with
annotations and bookmarks visible as long as the compiled .hlp and the .ann
are kept together in the same directory. One of the advantages to this is
that the annotation viewer has a copy function that can be used to print
the comments out. When using this method, it is important to remember that
the .ann file can only be viewed with the compiled .hlp file that was used
to make the annotations. In other words, if you make changes and
recompile, the new .hlp file won't work with the previous .ann file.