Copyright Question

Subject: Copyright Question
From: "Nurre, Vickie" <VNurre -at- AEGONUSA -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 1 Jul 1998 13:28:14 -0500

I have become painfully aware that I need to get up-to-speed on
copyright issues. Can anyone tell me whether I am violating a copyright
law if I use a clip art image provided with Word 97 (for which I am
licensed) in the documentation that I write and distribute? This
documentation is a training manual that our company personnel uses to
train new clients. The documentation is left at the client site (if that
makes any difference). Do I need to include a Trademark Acknowledgement
(something to the effect "The graphics are the copyright of the
Microsoft Corporation")? If this is considered off-topic, please
respond to me personally. I will then send a summary depending on the
response. Thanks in advance for any information you can pass onto me.
Vickie, vnurre -at- aegonusa -dot- com, ia